What are the class sizes in the Junior School?
At Seymour, we aim to provide the following class sizes:
- Junior Primary (Reception to Year 1) - 20 students.
- Primary levels (Year 2 to 5) - 25 students.
What are the homework expectations in the Junior School?
Homework is an integral means of consolidating learning and providing study opportunities. The time allocated for homework varies from year level to year level:
- Reception to Year 1 - 10 minutes reading with parent.
- Years 2 and 3 - 10 minutes reading, 10 minutes written and 10 minutes music practice.
- Year 4 - 20 to 30 minutes written, 10 minutes reading and 10 minutes music practice.
- Year 5 - 40 minutes written, 10 minutes reading and 10 minutes music practice.
What are the Clans and when do the girls get allocated to the Clans?
There are four Clans - Bruce, Cameron, Douglas and Stewart. The Clans form an important part of the College's traditions. Each student is allocated a Clan upon starting and remains a member of that Clan throughout her school life.
What time are the girls allowed to be in school in the morning?
Classrooms are open from 8.20 am each morning. Students arriving before this time attend the Before School Care program conducted in the Old Prep Rooms on the bottom floor of the Martyn Building.