About the role
The OSHC Assistant is responsible for working closely with the OSHC Manager to provide programs for children aged 5-12 years in After School Care and Vacation Care. You will act as the legislated responsible person according to the roster.
Reporting to the OSHC Manager, you will be one of our valuable OSHC Assistants who support the OSHC Manager to ensure both the Services meet all operating requirements. You will be responsible for assisting with and overseeing the development of engaging and nurturing programs for the children, and ensuring all daily operations are well-managed and efficient.
Applicants must have current Diploma (or studying towards a Bachelor) of Education (Early Childhood).
Responsibilities and requirements of the role include:
- Work with the OSHC Manager as part of a collaborative team to deliver a quality inclusive OSHC program.
- Engage as part of the staff: child ratio in after school care and vacation care sessions.
- Support and manage team members as delegated
- Actively contribute to the review and update of all service policies, procedures and quality improvement plan
- Familiar with My Time, Our Place (MTOP) framework (prior knowledge is desired)
- Responsible person for the service
- Must be flexible with varied hours
- Experience in an OSHC service is appreciated
- Knowledge of how to write Risk Assessments
- Floorbook, Learning Story and Observation experience would be appreciated
Seymour College provides staff with a supportive and dynamic working environment, opportunities for professional development and the capacity to make a valuable and meaningful contribution to the operation of the College.
If this sounds like you, then please submit your resume and covering letter to the Principal by using the ‘Apply’ link via the Seek Advert. The College reserves the right to commence interviewing prior to the closing date.
Applications for this position close Friday 11 November 2022