Choosing your child’s educational journey involves your own journey of discovery about the diverse opportunities Seymour College can offer. This is why our staff are here to talk to you about your hopes and dreams for your daughter, as well as any special needs they might have, be this with support through our Gifted and Talented program, or by making sure she is engaged with her studies.
We are passionate about offering girls the very best education to help them flourish as learners and as people.
Of course, your daughter will want to be part of the process too, so we encourage girls to come and try our College and to experience Seymour for themselves.
Seymour College has over 950 students from Seymour Early Years through to Year 12 and there are waiting lists in some of our year groups.
For assistance with enquiries or waitlist information, please provide your details here and our Director of Enrolments and Community Relations, Sally Penn, will contact you.
Why choose a girls' school?
Girls and boys learn differently. Seymour College has created an outstanding learning environment, specifically geared to meet the needs of girls.
Seymour College is committed to single sex education and the advantages if offers for girls, such as:
- Girls in single sex schools are likely to get up to five times more attention from the teacher than girls in coeducational classrooms.
- Girls in girls' schools consistently achieve significantly stronger academic results than any other student group in Australia.
- Teachers can finely match their teaching and develop courses according to the ways girls learn.
- Girls can work through the challenges of adolescence openly and together.
- All activities and subjects are open to girls: they participate, influence and lead, and are not influenced by stereotypical views such as "that is a subject for boys".
- All the leadership positions and awards go to girls: we do not have to allocate 50% to each gender group.
Enrolments for 2021
We welcome applications for all girls to enter the College in 2021.
You are most welcome to speak about your child’s educational journey with our Director of Enrolments and Community Relations, Sally Penn on 8303 9000.
If you would like to experience Seymour College in action, we would be pleased to organise a personal tour for you and your family. Please register for a personal tour or provide your details here and our Enrolments team will contact you..
Alternatively, you may prefer to join one of our scheduled group tours - tour bookings can be made by completing the tour booking form.
We look forward to welcoming your family to Seymour College.
Come and try day
To assist families with their decision making, we invite your daughter to be a Seymour student for a day, and for country students, to spend a night in the Boarding House.
This will give your daughter a chance to meet other students in her year level, meet our teachers, attend a range of academic and sporting classes as well as experience the feel of the College. Your daughter will have a buddy for the day so she will be well cared for.
A come and try day can be arranged when it is convenient to you. Please provide your details here and our Director of Enrolments and Community Relations, Sally Penn, will contact you.
The College is very conscious of the impact of school fees on the family budget, and does all it can to maintain the fees as low as practicable.
The following sibling discount applies for sisters attending Reception to Year 12 at the College at the same time.
- 15% discount for second sister,
- 20% discount for third and subsequent sisters.
- 10% discount for second and subsequent sisters.
Family allowance arrangement with Prince Alfred College
For families who have children attending both Prince Alfred College and Seymour College, a 5% discount of tuition fees is payable by each College.
Seymour Early Years
To apply to enrol your child in the Seymour Early Years, please complete the Waitlist Application form and Individual Needs Questionnaire (see below) and return them both to the Enrolments Office. The general conditions of enrolment are detailed on the application form.
Prep to Year 12
We encourage all families to speak with Sally Penn, Director of Media and Enrolments, who can advise you of any waiting lists for enrolment. The application process can then begin by completing the Application for Enrolment form and Individual Needs Questionnaire (see below) and returning them - along with a $150 application fee and your daughter's most recent school report - to the Enrolments Office.
The general conditions of enrolment are outlined in the application form.
Offers of place are made a maximum of two years in advance.
Seymour College operates daily return bus services from the following areas:
- Route 1 - Adelaide Hills: Littlehampton, Hahndorf, Mylor, Aldgate, Stirling and Crafers
- Route 2 - North Eastern Suburbs: Dernancourt, Newton, Kensington Gardens, Kensington Park, Stonyfell and Burnside
- Route 3 - Glenelg: Clarence Park, Hyde Park, Goodwood, Unley Park, Malvern and Fullarton
- Route 4 - Southern Area: Belair, Torrens Park, Netherby, Springfield, Kingswood and Myrtle Bank
- Route 5 - Northern Area: Vale Park, Walkerville, St Peters, Joslin, Maylands, Norwood, Toorak Gardens (eastern side) and Dulwich
- Route 6 - Western: Prospect, Medindie, North Adelaide, College Park, Rose Park, Toorak Gardens (western side), Heathpool and Leabrook
For more information about our bus services, please provide your details here and our Director of Enrolments and Community Relations, Sally Penn, will contact you.
Student Accident Insurance
The College has in place a Student Accident Insurance Plan to provide financial benefits to students and their families in the event of accidental injury.
Click to access a copy of the Student Accident Insurance Plan.
Please note that students visiting Australia on an overseas student visa are not eligible for student accident insurance but are required to obtain the relevant medical cover.
Student Protection Policy
Click to access a copy of the Student Protection Policy.
Student ICT Policy
Click to access a copy of the Student ICT Policy.