Seymour employs over 200 staff members in the areas of teaching, boarding, wellbeing, administration and finance, ICT, and building and grounds staff. All staff, in each of these areas, play a key role in enabling the College to deliver on its commitment to its students across academic, co-curricular and student wellbeing. We encourage our staff to continue to develop the highest professional skills, through a diverse range of professional capabilities. Parents and students regularly pay tribute to the dedication and professionalism of the staff at Seymour College.
Casual Position, Commencing ASAP
Seymour College is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Early Childhood Educators for the position of Co-educator in the College’s Early Years Centre.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Early Years Programme and ongoing Quality Improvement Plans
- Supervise, support and observe children
- Set up and support the delivery of activities and learning groups in stimulating indoor and outdoor learning environments
- Prepare learning materials and teaching aids
- Foster a supportive and respective learning environment
We are looking for a candidate with:
- relevant Diploma qualification (as determined by ACECQA – see website for approved qualifications)
- current Working With Children Check
- current First Aid Qualification – meeting requirements for First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training and CPR
- current certificate for training in Responding to Abuse and Neglect - Education and Care
- Food Safe Handling Qualification
- ability to provide evidence of Full Immunisation in line with the National Childhood Immunisation Register
Casual Position, approx. 15 hours per week, commencing ASAP
The Kitchen Hand will play a vital part in adding to the friendly community culture of Seymour College’s Boarding House. You will need to be passionate about providing quality nutritious food and have a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene.
Applicants must have (or willing to obtain) a Working with Children Check (WWCC). A Food Handling Safety Certificate and previous experience working in a kitchen is essential to this role.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, key responsibilities are:
- assisting the Chefs in the preparation, cooking, baking and serving of meals for boarders and supervisors
- cleaning the dining areas after each meal
- ensuring stocks of fruit and other provisions are maintained in the Boarding House
- undertaking general cleaning duties that meet the standard of the College’s In-house catering specification
- undertaking general kitchen duties related to serving both food and/or non-alcoholic beverages
- preparation of food for canteen service or dinner function services
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience as a kitchen attendant/kitchen hand or similar role
- Understand health and safety procedures
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Hardworking, enthusiastic, and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a team or independently
Seymour College Board Members
The Board of Seymour College provides leadership, strategic direction and oversight of management of the College. Following the recent retirement of long-serving board member and Chair, Mrs Rosina Hislop, the Board is seeking to appoint at least one experienced board member with demonstrated experience in governance, leadership and strategic thinking.
The Seymour College Board Charter provides further information on governance and the key roles and responsibilities of the Board. The Charter and further information about Seymour College are available on our website www.seymour.sa.edu.au
Membership of the Seymour Board is a voluntary role. Seymour College is committed to diversity and inclusiveness and welcomes applications from people with diverse backgrounds both within and outside the College community.
For further information about the position or to submit an application please address correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close at 4.00pm on Friday 23 April 2021.