Seymour employs over 200 staff members in the areas of teaching, boarding, wellbeing, administration and finance, ICT, and building and grounds staff. All staff, in each of these areas, play a key role in enabling the College to deliver on its commitment to its students across academic, co-curricular and student wellbeing. We encourage our staff to continue to develop the highest professional skills, through a diverse range of professional capabilities. Parents and students regularly pay tribute to the dedication and professionalism of the staff at Seymour College.
Full-Time, Permanent Position
Applications close at 10.00am, Monday 1 February 2021
Seymour College is seeking to appoint an experienced ICT Technician.
The ICT Technician is responsible for providing a range of technical and administrative support to staff and students, in order to maintain and enhance the effective functioning of ICT services on the Barr Smith and McGregor campuses. In particular, the ICT Technician ensures the efficient management of the ICT Helpdesk.
Responsibilities and requirements of the role include:
- Manage and prioritise Helpdesk requests.
- Respond to Helpdesk requests for technical assistance.
- Restore faults in a timely fashion.
- Redirect problems to appropriate team members.
- Create/reactivate and delete/deactivate user accounts.
- Allocate approved access rights.
- Allocate users to email distribution lists, as approved.
- Investigate and resolve network login and access problems.
- Maintain security policies.
- Ensure regular data backup.
- Release legitimate quarantined emails from the College email security system.
- Monitor the performance of College ICT system.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Excellent customer service.
- Exposure to relevant I.T. technical activities
- Strong conceptual ability in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong time management, prioritisation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, and work collaboratively with a diversity of customers.
- Maintain flexibility in different situations and adapt to change.
- High level of personal drive and self-motivation.
If this sounds like you, then please click here to apply and submit your application.