Seymour employs over 200 staff members in the areas of teaching, boarding, wellbeing, administration and finance, ICT, and building and grounds staff. All staff, in each of these areas, play a key role in enabling the College to deliver on its commitment to its students across academic, co-curricular and student wellbeing. We encourage our staff to continue to develop the highest professional skills, through a diverse range of professional capabilities. Parents and students regularly pay tribute to the dedication and professionalism of the staff at Seymour College.
IGSSA Executive Officer
Full-time fixed-term position for 3 years
Commencing on 1 September 2021 to 31 August 2023 (TBC)
Position based at Pembroke
The Independent Girls’ School Sports Association (IGSSA) in South Australia is comprised of 10 schools – Concordia, Immanuel, Pembroke, Pulteney, St Peters Girls, Scotch, Seymour, Walford, Westminster and Wilderness – providing sports competitions across a range of summer and winter sports. IGSSA seeks to ensure all girls in Years 3 to 12 of our member schools have the opportunity to participate in and enjoy organised sport with a view to continuing their appreciation of it into their adulthood.
IGSSA has a unique opportunity for an experienced and energetic independent contractor to undertake the role of Executive Officer. This is a 3 year, full time contract and will require engagement in out of school hours activities.
The Executive Officer is responsible for the coordination and delivery of all IGSSA operations and activities, including sporting competitions and carnivals. Their key duties include:
- Engaging and supporting member schools
- Administering sporting competitions including nominations, draws, fixtures, venues, umpires and results
- Organising and administering sporting carnivals
- Organising meetings, including producing and distributing agendas and minutes
- Organising the annual Presentation Dinner and the annual general meeting
- Preparing the budget and maintaining the association’s finances.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience providing administration and coordination support to a sporting team or league
- Proven ability at developing and executing strategy
- Previous experience in the primary and/or secondary education industry is desirable
- Outstanding and professional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively develop relationships with a range of stakeholders
- High level of organisation skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to problem solve
- A positive, diplomatic and solutions-focussed attitude
- Demonstrated commitment to the ethos and objectives of IGSSA
- Strong ICT skills.
The successful candidate must hold a current Working with Children Check and Responding to Abuse and Neglect training.
The Executive Officer will be based at Pembroke, the Host School for the duration of the contract.
Applications for this position close Friday 21 May 2021, 10.00am.
1 x Full-time permanent position, commencing as soon as possible
2 x Full-time, fixed-term positions (19/07/2021 – 24/12/2021)
Seymour College is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Early Childhood Educators for the position of Co-educator in the College’s Early Years Centre.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Early Years Programme and ongoing Quality Improvement Plans
- Supervise, support and observe children
- Set up and support the delivery of activities and learning groups in stimulating indoor and outdoor learning environments
- Prepare learning materials and teaching aids
- Foster a supportive and respective learning environment
We are looking for a candidate with:
- relevant Diploma qualification (as determined by ACECQA – see website for approved qualifications)
- current Working With Children Check
- current First Aid Qualification – meeting requirements for First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training and CPR
- current certificate for training in Responding to Abuse and Neglect - Education and Care
- Food Safe Handling Qualification
- ability to provide evidence of Full Immunisation in line with the National Childhood Immunisation Register
Applications for this position close Friday 14 May 2021, 10.00am.