A Seymour Education
At Seymour, we have taken a deliberate and carefully considered decision to concentrate on providing both the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) curriculum for our senior secondary students as well as enter into candidacy for the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
The SACE is an internationally recognised qualification which challenges our students with appropriate academic rigour as well as providing flexibility and responsiveness which benefits all students. As a SACE school, our teaching staff are highly experienced in the delivery of the SACE and are specialists in this curriculum.
- is an internationally recognised certificate of school completion accepted at major universities worldwide;
- offers a comprehensive and balanced curriculum;
- provides opportunities for challenging assessment;
- aims to develop student's individual talents;
- relates classroom experiences to the real world;
- places an emphasis on students becoming independent and life-long learners, as well as critical and compassionate thinkers;
- encourages students to become informed citizens;
- enables students to specialise in areas of interest such as the sciences or humanities, and;
- is a contemporary and dynamic curriculum offering a broad range of assessment types.
The SACE also provides the following additional benefits:
- a broad and diverse range of available subjects;
- the opportunity to incorporate into this offering other learning experiences, such as Vocational Education and Training (VET);
- subjects that suit the interests and abilities of students;
- a dedicated subject (Personal Learning Plan), designed to assist students to discern and discover their interests, strengths, ambitions and potential career pathways;
- the Research Project, which is designed to provide students with the opportunity to direct their own learning while expanding on their planning, research and analysis skills-tools that will assist them throughout their lives;
- students are not constrained by subject groupings and can therefore prepare themselves for entry into specific University programs and fields of study both in Australia and overseas.
International Baccalaureate Diploma:
- The College has entered into candidacy to offer the IB Diploma from 2017, offering Year 11 students an alternative option to the SACE.
- The Diploma is an internationally recognized qualification.
- Offers a balanced curriculum.
- Prepares students for tertiary study with a number of university style projects.
- Asks students to focus on core skills such as creativity, action and service.
- Has a global focus.
More information about the IB Diploma will be made available as our candidacy progresses.
Teachers at Seymour have high expectations of each student, regardless of subject combination, and each girl works hard to achieve her personal best. This ethos creates a positive learning environment which encourages each student to develop her talents and abilities in a course which best suits her interests, learning styles and future ambitions.